EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the substation department of the organization. The engineer will working to complete projects that support our utility customer with minimum direction. They will work with in-house and client engineers and designers. They will provide training and guidance to lower level engineers. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Develop project scopes, one line diagrams, and estimates for substation projects
- Review substation construction drawings such as electrical arrangements, plan and section views, grounding, cable and conduit drawings, and other project documents and verify compliance with appropriate codes and standards
- Engineer and design lightning protection, grounding, and equipment replacement and repair for substations
- Make necessary changes and corrections to drawings and documentation
- Verify the proper use of equipment and material according to project documentation standards and codes
- Verify that material and equipment are ordered and delivered on time for substation construction
- Travel to project sites for walk downs and gathering information to develop the correct requirements for the projects to scope and develop substations
- Function as a project lead for substation projects
- Coordinate work activities of others within the work group and department to complete substation projects
- Provide training and guidance to lower level employees
- Initiate corrective action when substation project objectives are not being met
- Work under supervision of higher level engineers
- Position will require occasional site visits
Requisite Abilities and Skills
- Five to eight years of experience in utilities working with substations
- Five to eight years of experience completing engineering projects from start to finish
- Five to eight years of experience scoping, estimating, and ordering materials for substations
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET)
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET) will count toward years of experience
- A PE License is desirable but not required
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services. Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Intermediate ability to perform design calculations such as battery sizing, AC and DC loads, system component selection, power transformer and circuit breaker selection, circuit protection, control and power cable selection and rating, bus bars, fittings, insulators, ground grid design, and lightning protection
- Intermediate understanding of standards and codes such as IEEE, ANSI, NEC and NESC
- Possess intermediate understanding of equipment, material, ordering, and bills of material for substation construction
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Possess ability to understand interrelationship between systems and component equipment
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary
- Demonstrate willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles
corrective and preventive actions
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.