EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Stations department of the organization. The engineer will be working with senior level engineers to complete projects that support our customer with minimum direction. They will work with in-house, client engineers, and designers.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Design sufficient support structures, systems and equipment adapters as required by electrical arrangement drawings
- Use site information, calculated foundation loads and computer software (such as LPile), to design any required foundations (piers, slabs, etc.) required for a project
- Develop civil scopes based on one-line diagrams, electrical arrangement drawings and site drawings by working with electrical designers
- Review structural design drawings, fabricator detail drawings and other project documents to verify compliance with design theory, material specified and the appropriate structural codes and standards
- Make recommendations for improving structural designs, drawings or documents
- Work with project managers and designers to verify project schedules and ensure steel delivery is on time
- Create material requisitions and work with steel fabricators to verify lead times and cost so that correct steel is ordered and delivered per the project schedule
- Travel to project sites as required for walk-arounds, assist in any field construction issues, and review structural practices
- Answer design and detail questions from electrical designers, fabricators and construction personnel
- Coordinate with electrical designers and other structural team members in order to complete any required submittals by the project schedule
- Provide input to routine construction documents related to project schedules
- Work under supervision of higher-level engineers
- Position will require occasional site visits
Required Abilities and Skills
- Two to five years of experience doing structural engineering, analysis, and foundation work
- Two to five years of experience completing engineering projects from start to finish
- Two to five years of experience scoping, estimating, and ordering materials for structural or civil projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (ABET)
- Master's Degree in Civil or Structural (ABET) will count towards years of experience
- An EIT license is desirable but not required
- Experience utilizing STAAD is desirable but not required
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services. Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Basic ability to perform design calculations using structural loads (analysis by Allowable Stress Design (ASD) or Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD)), and foundation design
- Basic understanding of standards and codes such as AISC, ACI, IEEE, ANSI, NEC and NESC
- Possess basic understanding of equipment, material, structures, connect design, bills of material and ordering procedure for structures
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary
- Demonstrate willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles
engineer in training
allowable strength design
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.