EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Distribution Department of the organization. The engineer will work with senior level engineers and designers to develop and implement automated control schemes for the client's distribution system. This work will include distribution system VAR control and system sectionalizing. The engineer will work with in-house and client engineers and designers. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Provide engineering support for developing automation schemes to compensate for VAR loads on the distribution system, with guidance of higher-level engineers.
- Provide engineering support for developing automation schemes to sectionalize and reconfigure the distribution system in response to outages or system load, with guidance of higher-level engineers.
- Provide distribution automation controller logic programming, testing, optimization, and maintenance to provide functionality desired by project team members.
- Prepare and/or review SCADA Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) configurations and RTU Point Assignment (RPA) lists in support of distribution automation schemes.
- Coordinate point assignments (create/update RPA's), commissioning, testing, and maintenance of automation and SCADA systems with SCADA engineers and vendors.
- Participate in project scheduling, resource planning, and cost control for assigned projects.
- Provide project engineering support for distribution automation scheme installation, commissioning, checkout and troubleshooting.
- Review, evaluate and provide distribution automation related comments and recommendations on distribution automation proposals, with assistance of higher-level engineers.
- Provide general distribution automation technical support, as needed, including the technical interfaces with P&C, SCADA, Standards, Telecommunications, and Distribution Operations.
- Work under supervision of Engineers III, IV, Senior Engineers, and Principal Engineers
- Position requires 10-15% travel to field project locations.
Requisite Abilities and Skills
- Two to five years of utility distribution engineering experience.
- Two to five years of experience with SCADA systems, including, but not limited to: RTU's, front-end processors, communications interfaces, and Distribution Management Systems and interfaces.
- Experience with Underground Networks design and equipment (network protectors, vaults/sensors, manholes/sensors, transformers/sensors and RTU enclosers
- Experience with distribution operations principles, including switching/tagging procedures, overloads conditions, load shed principles, and mis-operations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or Bachelor's degree in engineering technology in a program accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services. Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Demonstrate ability with distribution level overcurrent coordination required for interfacing the local protection of recloser controls with the automatic circuit reconfiguration principles of Distribution Automation (DA).
- Familiarity with circuit modeling, power flow algorithms, overcurrent protection principles and project management skills.
- Fundamental understanding of common communications languages required for SCADA system interaction, specifically DNP and IP based networking.
- Familiarity with common communications languages required for SCADA system interaction, specifically DNP and IP based networking.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary.
- Demonstrate willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles.
complex problem solving
installations (computer systems)
supervisory control and data acquisition (scada)
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.