EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position will support the Telecommunications Engineering Planning group. The group will support the effort to develop, scope, coordinate, and drive the implementation of the Transmission Telecom plan. The strategy will define the overall fiber cable infrastructure and Telecom Transport architecture to modernize the network to support future Telecommunications needs across the enterprise. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Assist in facilitating the development of project scopes and estimates to support the overall Telecom strategy and various Business Unit projects and initiatives
- Interact with multiple teams within Transmission, Distribution, Generation, and peer groups within the Telecom organization
- Collaborate and work in direct alignment with Transmission Planning, Transmission Asset Renewal, and Transmission Telecommunications Substation Network teams to develop a forecast, conceptual plans, estimates, and scopes of various modernization projects (scopes and estimates will include all material, internal labor, and external labor to support the Telecom Transport needs)
- Assist in identifying projects, developing individual work plans by year, and support a multi-year forecast by operating company
- Assist in leading the effort to plan the Telecom optical backbone builds in collaboration with Telecommunications Transport engineering on the network architecture, topologies, and time-lines for equipment build out and upgrades
- Work closely with the Manager and Lead Strategy Planners to develop and support strategy components
- Attend and participate in planning, kick-off, and coordination meetings
- Help facilitate project hand-off meetings with Telecom Engineering and construction teams
- Work under supervision of Consultant III, IV, Senior, and Principle Consultant
- Position requires up to 5% travel for site visits
Requisite Abilities and Skills
- Two to five years of experience in Telecommunications or fiber optics
- Two to five years of experience in Outside Plant Engineering (OSP) is preferred
- Two to five years of experience with capacity planning is preferred
- Two to five years of experience in the electric utility industry is preferred
- Technical Degree or equivalent years of work experience
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services. Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Fundamental computer literacy, knowledge, and skills
- Fundamental knowledge of standards, codes, and regulations relevant to area of assignment
- Fundamental understanding of pertinent equipment, material, systems, and business processes
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary
- Demonstrated willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.