We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer
Must have a B.S. in electrical engineering and five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have experience and be competent in:
a. The design and analysis of 480 volt power distribution systems, motor control, industrial control systems, and industrial lighting.
b. The design and programming of programmable controller control systems and closed-loop PID control systems.
c. The application and interpretation of the National Electrical Code.
d. Documentation of electrical and control systems using computer drafting, word processor, spreadsheet, and database programs.
e. Experience with Rockwell programmable controllers, robotics, and AutoCad LT is desirable.
DEPARTMENT: Manufacturing Engineering
JOB TITLE: Electrical & Controls Engineer Level IV
1. Plan, schedule, and coordinate detailed phases of work in the electrical portion of major projects or in total projects which are mostly electrical. Work includes conceptual design, detailed design (drawings and specifications), coordination and monitoring of installation, programming of programmable controllers and operator interfaces, system start-up and troubleshooting. Responsibilities include power distribution, motor control, control systems, robotics, and lighting.
2. Perform work which involves conventional electrical engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, limited budgets, and difficult coordination requirements. Work requires knowledge of principles and practices of related specialties. Problems may be characterized by their lack of engineering precedents.
3. May supervise other engineers or technicians on assigned projects.
4. Independently perform cost assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives supervisory approval on proposed plans for project.
5. Work and communicate effectively with a wide range of functional disciplines and levels of management.
6. Provide technical advice to Maintenance and Production on difficult problems with production equipment and building systems.
7. Provide guidance to Maintenance and electrical contractors to assure that all work done to the plant electrical systems meets all requirements of the National Electrical Code and complies with plant standards.
8. Identify and propose solutions to problems on the electrical power systems or control systems. Problems may be code violations, safety or environmental issues, property loss, or potential loss of production. Also identify and propose measures to enhance profitability.
9. Maintain documentation of the assigned plant's electrical power system and control systems.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
programmable logic controllers
complex problem solving
installations (computer systems)
national electrical codes
engineering design process
computer control systems
electric power systems
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.