Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II to develop cutting edge systems for the space and defense industry. The candidate will support creating new products.
* Perform conceptual and detailed design, trade studies, structural analysis, development testing and qualification of highly weight- and performance-optimized mechanical systems for undersea, space, and terrestrial environments.
* Generate component drawings, assembly drawings, and interface control documents with application of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
* Create documentation for assembly and testing of development and flight hardware.
* Participate in subsystem level testing including planning, execution, data reduction and analysis.
* Develop component specifications and manage suppliers.
* Provide mentoring and support to help develop less experienced mechanical engineers.
About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of recent experience designing aerospace or equivalent type mechanical system elements within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles.
- Extensive mechanical design and integration experience using 3D modeling tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Experience leading requirement reviews, design reviews, performing qualification and flight hardware inspections, and providing feedback on mechanical design concepts.
- Strong knowledge of metals, material processes and finishes specifically related to machining or bending aluminum and steel.
- Working knowledge of actuators, motors and mechanisms
- Experience with GD&T analysis (ASME Y14.5).
- Experience in structural FEA using Abaqus/SIMULIA, ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar tools.
- Experience with closed form and FEA thermal analysis in terrestrial, vacuum, and microgravity environments.
- Be able to work in an ITAR environment.
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.