The largest tech company in Seattle's Publishing team is looking for a results-oriented Production Manager to oversee the creation of its physical and e-books in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be well-organized and metrics-driven, with a strong bias for action and ability to independently drive end-to-end book creation processes. This role will have daily contact with content and metadata, and will manage numerous production services that result in a high quality final book. The Production Manager will identify, define, propose and deliver broad process improvements and tools for the production of their Publishing books.
This position works closely with editorial, marketing, publicity and operations as well as with external vendors to ensure our books reach market on schedule and at the highest quality levels. The successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining high standards of quality and a strong author and customer focus.
* Overseeing and tracking day-to-day production workflows, ensuring processes are documented, efficient, streamlined, and that books are produced at the highest quality
* Establishing priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintaining production milestones and completion dates
* Managing production schedules and files: supervise production progress and review files for quality issues to ensure deadlines are met throughout all phases of book production
* Maintaining vendor relationships: manage communication, oversee and review quality of work, and facilitate issue resolution
* Ingesting and archiving files using internal systems
* Driving and championing new technologies, collaborations, and improved processes to define, leverage and implement best content production and delivery practices including leading continuous improvements in quality, cost reduction, production time and pipeline capacity
* Experience using operational metrics to drive process improvement and efficiencies with a focus on creating scalable systems
* Three or more years of relevant experience in content publishing operations with a focus on process development and quality assurance
* Experience managing multiple large volume, highly visible projects simultaneously, under very tight deadlines
* Process improvement experience such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and/or Operational Excellence
* Familiarity with complex technology, file formats, data transmission and storage, XML and knowledge of multiple computer platforms
* Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results by influencing and negotiating
* Familiarity with print and digital book production processes and technology
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical abilities, including intermediate experience working with MS Office, especially Excel and Word
* Demonstrated ability to use strong business judgment
Degrees or certifications required: no degree or certification required. Going off of experience and who is qualified to do the job.
Best vs. average: Process improvement experience such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and/or Operational Excellence. Familiarity with complex technology, file formats, data transmission and storage, XML and knowledge of multiple computer platforms. Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results by influencing and negotiating. Familiarity with print and digital book production processes and technology. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical abilities, including intermediate experience working with MS Office, especially Excel and Word. Demonstrated ability to use strong business judgment
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
Organization- schedule management
Clear communication skills across different stakeholders
Load management and balance - prioritization
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
business process improvement
six sigma methodology
process improvements (business)
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.