Posting ID: JP-001970555
This is a contracted position that will report to the city’s Payroll Supervisor and Director of Finance. The position will complete payroll processing tasks which will involve working with the city’s KRONOS Dimensions Time & Attendance System, KRONOS Telestaff Public Safety officer scheduling system, KRONOS Time and Attendance system, Microsoft Excel worksheets, and the city’s Payroll System.
The position will also administrate all payroll, staff scheduling, and staff time and attendance systems ensuring that they are functional, are on the latest version recommended by their developer, and that new staff are added correctly to the systems.
The Payroll Systems Administrator will engage in application support directly with payroll application vendors and liaise with the IT department as needed to resolve all issues and perform all required upgrades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Execute payroll processing activities on a regular basis
Configure KRONOS Time & Attendance, KRONOS Telestaff, and Payroll System to support organization goals, standards, and policies. Document and execute system configuration and changes.
Work with and under the city’s IT department’s direction to plan and execute software upgrades and implementations for the city’s Payroll and Time & Attendance Systems.
Train additional internal Subject Matter Experts (SME) for timekeeping and scheduling modules as directed by management to support the city’s long term growth strategies.
Engage in application support directly with KRONOS and other payroll systems vendors as needed.
o Liaise with the IT department as needed to resolve all support issues
Coordinate Application upgrades for KRONOS Time & Attendance & KRONOS Telestaff systems
o Liaise with the IT department as needed to complete upgrades
o Work with KRONOS to complete upgrades
o Test all upgrades in the “TEST” environment before push to production environment
Learn and document the current payroll process. Adjust this process to become more automated using the software systems and tools already in place.
Responsible for configuration of KRONOS Timekeeper, Integration Manager, Device Manager, NGUI Interface, and Time Clocks.
Update technical documentation to reflect organizations usage profile. Understand and document business/ functional needs as pertained to time entry, scheduling and labor reporting.
Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance on the use of the Kronos application.
Troubleshoot issues as related to maintenance of the KRONOS Telestaff and Kronos Time Keeping system. Answer all tickets regarding Timekeeper/Scheduler.
Write report queries and use excel extracts to create all required and requested reports.
• Strong proficiency and hands-on experience with Payroll Operations in a municipal government organization
• Must be proficient with KRONOS Time & Attendance, working knowledge of such items as access profiles, display profiles, organizational mapping, pay rues & work rules.
• High degree of Data Reporting experience.
• Strong organizational skills to meet multi-task workload.
• Detailed oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Application troubleshooting capabilities
• Proficient with payroll and labor reporting activities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing shifting priorities.
• Creative thinker to look for continued ways to utilize and optimize capabilities of the system.
• Bachelor’s Degree in: Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting or a related field
• Experience with MUNIS Payroll System is a plus
• KRONOS training or certifications are a plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.