Color Match Technician / Tint operator
Posting ID: 7376018
Color Matching Technician - Charlotte, NC
- Position: Color Matching Technician
- Placement: 5-month Contract-to-Hire
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Shift: 1st shift, 7/8am-4/5pm
- Pay: Based upon experience.
- Experience with mixing paint, matching colors, & paint application
- 3-5 years' experience in Color Matching & Tint Machine Operation
- High School Diploma/ GED required
- Technically adept in wet chemistry, color matching, and tint machine operating
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills in laboratory testing and equipment
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to follow through on responsibilities and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team to achieve all goals set forth in the department
- Be organized and pro-active to improve lab environment, cleaning and organization
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Microsoft Office, Excel and SAP
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
- Strong commitment to safety and environmental systems
- Stand continuously and walk frequently during the shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and up to 25 lbs. on a frequent basis during a shift
- Work in a laboratory with hazardous chemicals. Must be able to wear full safety lab equipment (facial respirator, for example) as required
- Experience with mixing paint, paint application, & matching colors.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of Automatic Color Tinting machine.
- Responsible for solving problem of color
- Responsible for internal calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for new color development
- Perform the color matching assigned by the Lab Manager at a high level of quality, within the requested time, using the approved components.
- Perform standard quality control testing on incoming raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods according to defined specifications
- Calculate and report test results
- Record test data into SAP
- Maintain and organize retain samples
- Maintain lab equipment in proper working order and perform equipment calibrations, also the maintenance of application tools and industrial equipment (spray guns, spray booth filters replacement, drying oven, UV cure equipment, etc.)
- Do and maintain daily the lab cleaning and organization
- Review, write and ensure the accuracy of QC methods
- Evaluate the root cause for out of spec product and provide corrective actions as needed.
- Complete and control the required quality records and/or documents as directed by the department standard operating procedures
- Update and maintain records
- Check batches to investigate and report customer's complaints.
- Comply with all Safety, Health, and Environmental rules, procedures and regulations
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Kate LaMonaca