Posting ID: JP-001973822
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capable of managing a program from inception to completion.
• Responsible for identifying new business development prospects and developing strategies to secure new business.
• Develop customer and program specific pricing strategies.
• Assist as part of the commercial process in developing quotations for potential new business.
• Adjust pricing on a regular basis for industry commodity adjustments.
• Interact regularly with customers supporting new business development activities.
• Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
• Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Prepare and support / participate in Customer presentations.
• Provides technical support for the engineering process.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Tracks and reports on engineering targets (BOM cost, quality, customer and/or internal plant delivery timing, performance, project and department engineering budget, etc.) for all assigned projects.
• Ensures engineering timing plans, defect / issues list, risk assessments, lessons learned are created and maintained and provides engineering status for project reviews (e.g. APQP milestones, etc.) according to program timing for all assigned projects.
• Ensures compliance to Company procedures (e.g. Process - Work Instructions) and applicable standards (e.g.).
• Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS).
• Maintaining a thorough knowledge of product design techniques and all CAD software systems.
• Understanding of the concepts of synchronous manufacturing and lean production manufacturing methodologies and the ability to formulate and implement a tactical plan.
• Participates in Continuous Improvement and assists in its implementation on an ongoing basis implementing lean manufacturing principles to improve plant productivity.
• Assists in the commissioning of new plants/ lines equipment, and other systems to ensure that the introduction into the production facility is handled efficiently and with minimum disruptions.
• Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
• Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
• Comply with duties and responsibilities as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act and ensures corrective action is taken when violations occur.
• Performs other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of departmental goals Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
Top Skills Details:
1. Metal Fabrication
3. Project Management
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Qualifications and Skills
• Hands-On, Roll-Up-Your-Sleeves personality
• Bias for action – reacts promptly to issues with appropriate actions/responses
• Ability to thrive in a “Lean and Mean” resource conscious organization
• Capable of managing multiple challenging assignments concurrently; moving swiftly and decisively, but collaboratively and effectively with others
• Effective problem solver
• Perceptive, responsible and accountable
• Team player
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• University Degree in the Mechanical Engineering field
• Requires a bachelor's degree and 3-5 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• In depth knowledge of process improvement tools, product design techniques, mechanical drawing standards and GD&T
• Prior experience with metal cutting, forming, welding (manual and robotic) and machining
• Knowledge of Lean techniques
• Ability to travel if required
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Maxwell Gagen