Residential Security Technician
Posting ID: JP-002025862
Perform installation of Small business/Residential Security equipment including alarm systems, CCTV, Card Access, and Fire Alarms and associated components.
This resource will be responsible for installing the in-home security systems at customers homes. Many of these systems are wireless devices systems that are IP based.
1) Install residential and small business burglar and fire alarms.
2) Performed service and troubleshooting all alarm systems.
3) Install card access systems.
4) Run alarm and low voltage alarm cable in existing residential dwellings.
5) Repair and upgrade window and door contacts, monitoring detectors and smoke detectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Residential Installer, you would:
Install appropriate devices; dismantle and reconstruct equipment as required by customer and ADT, Conduct service calls and prewire residences.
- Work safely and responsibly to avoid injury, damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean up installation debris.
- Contact customer prior to date of scheduled installation to verify schedule. Prepare estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follow proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Test operation of system to the signal receiving center to properly establish service.
- Read building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinate installation with police/fire departments and handle necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- Contact your customers before the installation to confirm the schedule.
- Keep yourself and your team safe while on the job.
- Make sure materials are used efficiently to minimize waste.
- Keep the customer's home safe and leave it clean when the installation is done.
- Test systems to ensure they work properly and all connections are established.
- Use your technical skills to read blueprints and schematic wiring diagrams and follow ADT hook-up procedures.
- Prepare installation estimates using instructions or supervisor directions.
- Coordinate with police and fire departments and manage records to make sure emergency calls are handled properly.
CCTV, Alarms, alarm.com, security technician, access control, glass breaks, door locks, qualsys, 2 GIG
Top Skills Details:
1. 1-3 years of Security Experience, Installing CCTV's, Access control, and intrusion detection systems in Residential Environment.
2. Experience installing and programming panels from Alarm.com, IQ, Qualsys, Honeywell, 2GIG and CCTV systems from Bosch, Bullet, and PTZ
3. Experience working with IP addresses/configuration, installation of Wi-Fi/network in a residential setting.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Customer Service, Personable
Entry Level - Indeterminate
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Austin McGowan
Phone: (804) 968-6093