Lab Technician (URGENT OPENINGS)
Posting ID: 7373205
The lab techs are placing the samples into the liquid handling robot and removing the caps. They will remove the samples at the end of the run and recap them and place into storage. They will also be moving 96 well plates from the liquid handler to the PCR platform and remove them for destruction once the PCR process is finished. There are few other minor tasks but this is the main activity. They need a bachelors degree and some basic wet lab experience. Familiarity with lab automation is a plus.
Laboratory technicians assist with the receiving, labeling, testing and analyzing of samples (blood, tissue, saliva, etc.) in a sterile environment. They assist in the design and execution of laboratory testing according standard procedures, as well as maintain accurate computer records of the process and results. They will be working with human samples that are potentially pathogenic and must follow all safety guidelines.
Lab Technician responsibilities include:
* Receiving, labeling and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
* Designing and executing laboratory testing according standard procedures
* Conducting experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward.
The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
* Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
* Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
* Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
* Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
* Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
* Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Rehat Singh
Phone: (973) 829-4395