Unix / Windows Administrator
Posting ID: JP-002021613
TEKsystems is looking for a mid-level Unix Administrator to support a client in Indianapolis. The Unix Administrator will join a team of 2 current Unix Administrators that support the global Unix platform. This resource will have responsibilities for responding to customer request for Unix systems access, which will including:
- troubleshooting Unix platforms
- troubleshooting applications on the Unix OS
- troubleshooting and resolving oracle database request.
Resource needs to be familiar with the HP-UX version of Unix. Environment uses DLP tap environment, also has 3Par storage platforms. Oracle 12.2 is the latest oracle database environment.
*CLIENT Job Description*
A first shift UNIX Administrator to support an Electronic Document Management system at a Federal client site in Indianapolis, IN.
• Responsible for monitoring UNIX systems for availability and issues.
• Provides operations and maintenance support for the system and related infrastructure.
• Monitor Windows servers for application availability.
• Supports backup monitoring and administration
• Completes assigned tasks related to projects and technical requests
• Provide updates to the client and team.
• 3+ years of experience supporting Windows environment.
• 3+ years of experience with UNIX / Linux, HPUX preferred.
• Work 1st shift
• Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
• Complete and maintain necessary documentation/checklists to ensure efficiency and consistency.
• Professional communication, positive and timely manners in person, on the phone, and via electronic means.
• Self-directed and functions with considerable independence.
• Be able to work across multiple teams including customer and other contractors
• HP-UX OE
• Data Protector backup software
• Windows Server 2008 and/or 2012
Unix, HP-UX, Data Protector, 3Par, Oracle, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
Top Skills Details:
1. Experience with Unix Administration, specifically HP-UX
2. Experience with Data/Storage and backup, specifically HP 3Par
3. Experience with Oracle database troubleshooting and access
Required: Active Secret Clearance and IAT II Certification
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to work with a remote team. Resource will be the dedicated Unix resource on site and must be able to leverage remote support when needed.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Katherine Yancey