IT Analyst - Helpdesk/Desktop Support Technician
Posting ID: 7303577
This contractor role is in the IT Unit Office and will be primarily focused on help desk tasks as described below. The role will be based in the Auburn, but will frequently be servicing computer equipment in our other substations in Loomis, Colfax, Foresthill and North Tahoe as well as our correctional facilities in Auburn and Roseville. As such, this role is required to be in the office, with no telecommuting component. The work schedule is to be determined with the selected candidate, but the workday window will be Monday-Friday between 7:00am-5:30pm. There is expected to be a compensated after-hours, on-call aspect to the position, typically of around one week every six weeks where the contractor will need to be in the area and available for in-person response if necessary, although nearly all on-call work is done remotely and handled within 30-60 minutes. Typically, there may be one or two calls per night/weekend day, but some nights/days have zero calls.
* Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming calls, voice mails, emails and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related issues.
* Interview users to collect information about their problem and lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
* Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for advanced user and computer related problems.
* Formally contribute to the team knowledge base by recording problem resolution and creating/maintaining training and installation documentation.
* Follow up on completed help desk tickets to verify satisfactory resolution and customer service ratings.
* Log and track calls using problem management database and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
* Responsible for moving computer, phone, and peripheral equipment when employee's cubicles/offices are reassigned.
* Responsible for tracking and updating computer and printer inventory.
* Minimum of 4 years of professional hands-on experience doing Windows desktop OS configuration, deployment, and administration. Apple Mac OS and hardware experience of at least 1 year is preferred.
* Experience troubleshooting and independently resolving moderately complex PC hardware and software problems.
* Must have the ability to multi-task activities such as documenting/updating/troubleshooting notes and conversing on the phone.
* Solid understanding of Active Directory Domains and inter connectivity technologies such as TCP/IP and DHCP.
* Ability to write business correspondence and knowledge base articles. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers and users.
* Advanced knowledge of all MS Office applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience supporting Android and iPhone devices and associated iCloud and Google accounts.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Travis Cosgaya
Phone: (916) 859-3224