Posting ID: JP-002025451
Aerotek is now partnering with a local manufacturer in York, PA seeking a Buyer/Planner. This is a Direct Placement opportunity. The Buyer/Planner will create the integrated master production schedule for all projects and monitor it to ensure on-time delivery of product to customers. Daily build schedules may be used to meet the monthly goal. The Buyer/Planner monitors the production schedule, supplier commitments, and work center capacities and makes changes when necessary, such as when resources do not arrive as planned or when equipment install is delayed. The Buyer/Planner needs to monitor inventory levels and plan monthly cycle counting activities. This is a Full Time, Exempt position reporting to the Material Manager.
In addition to the above scope, the Planner /Buyer, under the direction of the Materials Manager, will be responsible for identifying and acting on opportunities to optimize internal processes that could include general office, engineering, and/or production processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Make purchase decisions in accordance with company procedures and customer requirements;
• Issue bid requests to potential vendors and suppliers;
• Ensure purchase orders are processed in an efficient and timely manner;
• Create and manage the production schedule of multiple projects at any given time in ERP System; Use ERP data to identify production and supplier resource constraints and act accordingly to limit risk;
• Communicate production and supplier activities & status updates with engineering, purchasing, and operations apart of weekly meetings;
• Optimize supply chain with Purchasing and Materials Handling to meet project needs & deadlines;
• Assist Finance Director and Project Engineers in monthly Percentage of Completion (POC) estimates;
• Other duties as assigned;
Monday - Friday
7:00am - 4:00pm
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mechanical Engineering, or related program
• 3+ years’ Production Scheduling experience
• High Mix / Low Volume manufacturing settings
• ERP / MRP Tier II or III software experience; preferably Jobscope
• APICS certification strongly preferred, but not required
• Ability to build rapport and interact effectively with personnel at all levels within the company and with vendors and business partners outside the company
• Demonstrates highly ethical behavior and good judgment at all times
• Effective listening, verbal, and written communications skills
• Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jackson Wagner