Mechanical Design Engineer
Posting ID: 7299381
- Develop and analyze structures and mechanical joints for moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays, booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite subsystems.
- Develop, refine, and validate deployable systems, subsystems, and components utilizing broad analytical skills, such as hand calculations and finite element analyses, or other modeling tools as needed (e.g. motion simulation, Mathcad).
- Perform detailed 3D analysis of components under all launch and on-orbit environmental conditions affecting structural stress such as random and sine vibration, quasi-static loading, acoustic environments, and shock with evaluation involving modal, buckling, stability, and other non-linear analysis, plus deployment mechanics, thermal distortions/interference's/loadings, torque margins, and fatigue and crack growth.
- Document analysis results and develop input to test plans and procedures.
- Participate and present in internal and external (customer) design reviews.
- Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Astronautical, or Aerospace) and 4+ years of applicable experience.
- Experience and proficiency with computer aided design (CAD) software, Pro E / PTC Creo Ability to work independently.
- Must have Space Industry Experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Rachel Crimaldi