Piping Process Engineer
Posting ID: 7030486
Piping Project Engineer
This position is responsible for developing piping system designs that meet code, contract and schedule requirements for Gas Turbine power projects in the Americas.
- Interpret and respond to piping technical inquiries from customers, vendors and field personnel with minimum supervision.
- Interpret, integrate, and improve design requirements from parent company.
- Ability to work closely with the parent company on weekly basis to establish timelines and obtain critical documents within the timeline.
- With/through purchasing department, expedite Sub-contractors with respect to engineering and manufacturing matters. Responsibilities are but not limited to: review of progress reports, periodic shop visits to their facilities.
- Ability to review project contracts, schedules, and requirements in detail to determine piping requirements, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Ability to participate in projects kick-off meeting and develop/maintain master document list for piping group.
- Ability to review isometrics and other piping related mechanical drawings with minimum supervision.
- Ability to review P&IDs and equipment drawings against piping drawings.
- Ability to prepare piping component lists (valve list, specialty component list, and etc.) using P&IDs and reports out of 3D models.
- Ability to extract reports out of piping 3D models (SP3D).
- Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
- Understand piping design philosophy and ability to perform piping designs from time to time.
- General understanding of pipe stress analysis and pipe supports.
- General knowledge of materials and piping hardware (bolts, nuts, and gaskets) in the preparation of piping, valve, and support technical specifications and subsequent purchasing.
- Understand and interoperate ASME B31.1 and B31.3 Codes. Ensure that piping code requirements are correctly defined and incorporated into the design and vendor requirements.
- Prepare inquiry and purchase specifications for piping fabrication, pipe supports, piping hardware, and especial elements in piping systems (Flex Hoses, strainers, orifice plates, and etc.).
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Kyle Nord
Phone: (407) 803-5117