Lab Manager / Sr. Scientist
Posting ID: 7304400
* Primary duty to start would be to set up their lab (cell culture) - ordering equipment, working with vendors, setting up lab, etc.
* They should know what goes into setting up a cell culture lab - ideally would have had experience in helping set up a cell culture lab in the past
* Uses DOE (Design of Experiment) and other scientific methods to determine optimal media formulations to support a wide range of primary, immortalized primary, stem and continuous cells and cell lines.
* Coordinates with Senior Leadership and provides input and guidance on strategies affecting cell culture media product lines and related projects.
* Works within the cell biology R&D team to support all projects that have a media development component.
* Represents team, as needed, on product development Core Teams and other cross-functional teams.
* Maintains current knowledge of cell culture media development and manufacturing technologies to ensure product lines continue to meet customer needs and remain competitive.
* Improves processes as needed to continuously improve cycle time and cost.
* Develops and presents reports and presentations on team and project status; communicates issues to management appropriately and in a timely manner to ensure timelines, budget and goals are consistently met. .
* Communicates pertinent corporate and business unit information to their team and ensures high quality, rigorous scientific and safety standards are upheld.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations' policies and applicable laws. Has authority either directly or through recommendations for employment decision to include selection, training, performance evaluations, counseling, promotions and terminations.
* Master's Degree, Ph.D. or equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or other life science discipline is required:
o Doctoral degree in a life science related field and 1-2 years of relevant experience OR
o Master's degree in a life science related field and 3-5 years of relevant experience OR
o Bachelor's degree in a life science related field and 5-8 years of relevant experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Anthony Caione
Phone: (610) 232-5864