***NOW HIRING*** Pharmacy Technicians
Posting ID: 7335981
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Interpret and prepare patient medication orders (doses) for immediate delivery. Block fill standing order doses in patient medication drawer and/or unit dose cassettes, requiring interpretation of medication orders on patient profile.
2. Fill patient orders for nursing units, per floor, under traditional drug distribution system. Fill and prepare, when required, departmental and research unit requisitions. Filling orders may consist of compounding and preparation of extemporaneous compounded products. This requires proper identification of chemicals, mathematical calculations, accurate weighing procedures; technical skills and knowledge of pharmaceutical compounding to produce acceptable product; observe and follow department and state safety regulations.
3. Perform duties in Infusion pharmacies that require advanced technical knowledge and/or increased responsibility. These duties may consist of cancer chemotherapy preparation, distribution, and control; investigational drug preparation, distribution, and control; monoclonal antibody preparation, distribution, and control, cancer vaccine preparation, distribution, and control, staff development and training of pharmacy technicians; and/or quality assurance program. The drug preparation duties include, but are not limited to preparation of sterile products in both CAI and CACI environments. This involves familiarity if I.V. terminology, common I.V. solutions, and USP 797/800 guidelines.
4. Prepare and issue controlled substances to nursing units and maintain accurate records for drug control according to policy and procedures; report and resolve any discrepancies to nursing unit and pharmacist in charge. Assure that all information has been accurately and thoroughly documented.
5. Fill and record departmental requisitions from existing stock and compounding of certain requisition orders. This includes inventory, careful screening for identity and expiration dates, and recording of stock. Urgent orders or requisitions are hand-delivered to a specified nursing unit/floor.
6. Interpret investigational drug orders and/or compound prescriptions as ordered.
7. Participate in the computer entries of all prescriptions/medications using digimedics/pyxis computer system; Assist the pharmacist with computer entries of special prescriptions in the patient profile as directed by a pharmacist.
8. Implements policy and procedures developed by the Investigational Drug Pharmacist.
9. Cross-trained to perform all duties and essential job functions in the I.V. (Intravenous) Additive Service area. These duties include, but are not limited to, preparing hyperalimentation orders and routine electrolyte solutions, preparing antineoplastic (chemotherapy) agents. This involves familiarity with I.V. terminology and common I.V. solutions.
10. Maintain an up-to-date and easily retrievable reference file for all medications classified as cancer chemotherapy agents,
11. as well as hazardous substances. Maintain current reference information for hazardous drug and sterile compounding policy and procedures Maintain current professional knowledge of relevant best practices, USP797/800 guidelines, and healthcare trends.
12. Interacts with investigators or their representatives in promoting and coordinating pharmacy involvement with investigational drugs.
13. Assist supervisory/management in implementing and monitoring policy and procedures regarding I.V. drug preparation (both chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy), distribution and control. This includes policy and procedures for sanitation management, hazardous waste handling (e.g. needles/syringes),and infection control (e.g. protective clothing).
14. Maintains dispensing records required by the research protocols.
15. Aseptically prepares investigational medications for administration. Repackages and properly labels investigational drugs for administration by outpatients and inpatients.
16. Serves as a resource person for pharmacy-coordinated investigational drug studies in the absence of the Investigational Drug Pharmacist.
17. Follow-up to assure the investigational drug inventory is kept in a neat and orderly manner.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ANY DAY OF THE WEEK (will only work 5 days)
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Emma Brolan
Phone: (707) 794-3308