Posting ID: 7373074
The contractor will support the Ocular team in evaluating novel vectors for retinal gene transfer. She/he will assist senior team members in analyzing GFP expression after intra-ocular injection of vectors in mice, by analyzing in vivo imaging results (fundus images/OCT) and microscopic images of the retina.
* Under the guidance of senior scientists, applying computational techniques to microscopic images of the retina to enhance image contrast/resolution
* After receiving training from senior scientists, semi-automatically quantify GFP intensity in microscopic images of the retina using image analysis software
* Manually quantify the number of GFP+ cells on microscopic images of the retina
* Supporting senior team members in the analysis of other microscopic images
* Compiling mouse eye fundus images into Microsoft PowerPoint for senior team members to review
* Under the guidance of senior team members, measure mouse retinal layer thickness in optical coherence tomography (OCT) images
* Maintaining accurate, timely and detailed experimental records
* Role will be Part time, working anywhere from 25-30 hours a week
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Franchesca Liberatoscioli