RF Test Technician (Active Secret Clearance)
Posting ID: 7342464
- Perform tests and measurements using manual or automatic test equipment and standard, peculiar or precision instrumentation. Determine test instrumentation required and hook up in proper test sequence to obtain desired data. Evaluate data obtained.
- Troubleshoot and repair defects in equipment (RF/ Radar Equipment) requiring a knowledge of circuitry interrelation in order to locate defective area. Perform computer controlled or software application driven testing and troubleshooting.
- Make calculations involving the use of algebraic equations and trigonometric functions; select the applicable formula to solve routine problems. Receive guidance and assistance in handling data on complex problems.
- Make indicated modifications on equipment using such information as original schematics and wiring diagrams (required changes marked on information), revision notices and field change bulletins.
- Prepare written reports and submit to responsible personnel as directed on data obtained within the scope of this position.
- Maintain electronic and electro-mechanical test documentation of components, units and assemblies to ensure proper tests and techniques are utilized.
- Identify drawing deviations and initiate corrective action. Maintain configuration documentation and other records, making any necessary reports, charts, graphs and the like.
- Perform software system test and integration procedures. Identify failures in software test and communicate the necessary information to Engineering for resolution. Maintain the operational software, including modifying existing and installing new or revised software releases per written procedures.
- Make all connections and troubleshoot basic PC and small network installations. Use diagnostic tools and test equipment and knowledge of signals used by workstations and peripherals to troubleshoot hardware problems.
- Plan the working procedure and determine assembly sequence of assembly hardware and components to printed circuit boards from manufacturing information. Develop new assembly and wiring techniques as necessary.
- A.A. or A.S. Degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering Technology, or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to test and troubleshoot complex circuits. Have understanding and working knowledge of computers, network protocols and test program applications. Demonstrated competence in all applicable manufacturing information and skills requirements. Able to troubleshoot and operate test equipment on complex electro-mechanical products - specifically RF/ Radar Systems. Ability to troubleshoot hardware down to the component level.
Must have or be eligible for US security clearance.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Collin Gay