Security Technician (Residential Radio Project)
Posting ID: JP-001978850
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the installation and/or servicing of CCTV, Intercom and Burglar Alarm systems in all facets. This experience includes installing and programming Bosch, GE, Honeywell (Ademco, Vista, Concord, Simon, etc.) panels and Lenel, Pelco, Samsung, etc. equipment. Previous experience can range from ~1 year to a veteran installer.
The Residential Installation Technician is an installation and troubleshooting expert who is responsible for designing, installing, and alleviating concerns the customer may have regarding a security system. The Residential Installation Technician advises customers and the customer care center of the status of systems and processes inspections.
The security systems are quick connect systems (one panel unit that connects to wireless sensors), run power wire for panel either through walls or to electrical outlet plug in, install and program key pads and various electronics in home or business to include cameras, motion sensors, door and window sensors, etc. Work with customer to insure equipment brought is the equipment ordered. Work with customer to determine best places to place equipment. Will be required to use drills and other tools to run cable and install equipment (Cameras, pads, door and window contacts, etc.) Test once complete and train customer on using product. It is imperative that this person takes his/her time and is careful not to damage the customer premise.
- Basic hand tools like hammer, screwdrivers, socket set
- Cordless Drill
- Smart phone
- Cable strippers
- 6 or 8 foot ladder
- Tape measure
-.Snips/or diagonal cutters
- Pliers (needle nose and channel locks)
DCJS, Alarm, Install
Top Skills Details:
1. Must possess an active Electronic Security Technician (EST) DCJS Certification (Courses 30E, 35E, and 39E) or be able to obtain one within the training period
2. 1+ years of experience working with hardwired and wireless security systems on the residential or small commercial side
3.1+ years of experience installing or servicing wireless alarm radios
4. 1+ years of experience installing electronics and knowledge of basic low voltage circuits
5. Excellent customer service skills
*First preference would be someone with prior residential alarm experience.
*Second preference would be someone with prior commercial or residential fire alarm installation experience.
*Third preference would be prior residential cable/TV/phone installation experience with preferably some alarm install experience (i.e. Comcast xfinity home, AT&T Smart Home, Charter Spectrum/Brighthouse, or authorized sub contractors of these companies)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational/inventory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be presentable (aka well groomed)
- Must have own vehicle during contract period (large car, suv, van, or truck - anything that can carry at least a 6ft ladder, their tools, and supplies)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Austin McGowan
Phone: (804) 968-6093