Posting ID: JP-002026161
The Production Technicians set up, operate and maintain large high pressure die casting machine cells to produce castings. Monitors the process and the quality of the product and makes necessary corrections to the process in order to maintain a steady flow of quality product to the customer. Assists the maintenance / tooling departments with repairing and maintaining die cast machines and die cast tooling.
Daily job duties include:
1. Performs set up duties, including:
• Remove and set dies in the die casting machine, with overhead crane.
• Set up the die casting machine, trim press, shot end components, robotic ladling, and die spray systems.
• Set operational parameters on the machine and monitor. Make corrections as needed.
• Set up the work area and the trim press.
2. Operates the die casting machine and monitors machine functions, including:
• Monitor the product quality using required gages and inspection criteria.
• Monitor the process control systems.
• Repair and make adjustments to equipment as needed.
3. Performs inspection testing, gaging and quality checks of the product as required.
4. Safely operate tow motor to move material as required.
5. Deburrs and packs product as required.
6. Completes required paperwork correctly and neatly.
7. Locates and interprets control plans and keeps updated on revisions.
8. Follows proper machine startup and shutdown procedures.
9. Maintains a clean, safe work area, including performing assigned safety/housekeeping duties.
10. Assists with troubleshooting and problem-solving issues that a die cast machine may have.
11. Assists with repairs and maintenance of mechanical and hydraulic functions of the die cast machines.
12. Assists with preventive and predictive maintenance.
13. Removes impurities from furnaces (sludging) with long handled tools.
14. Maintains extensive working knowledge of all processes used in the plant.
15. Safely operates boom lift as required.
16. Assists with troubleshooting and problem-solving issues that a die cast tool or trim tool may have.
17. Assists with teardown and assembly of die cast and trim tools.
18. Assists with repairs of tooling requiring spare parts replacement or polishing.
19. Safely operates overhead crane to move tooling and components as required.
industrial maintenance, hydraulics, Machine maintenance, plc troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting, automation testing, die casting
Top Skills Details:
Mechanical Troubleshooting, Automation, Maintenance
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have the following:
*Minimum 2-3 years of industrial manufacturing experience; automotive or die cast industry preferred
*Required: High School Diploma or GED
Technical or Trade School Certificate or 2 – 3 years relevant work experience in an industrial work environment
*Preferred: Experience with welding, cutting, metal bending, hose building and Robotics
Basic manufacturing equipment knowledge and experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Ellen DiGerolamo