Information Security Analyst
Posting ID: JP-001972657
The Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) Facility Related Control Systems (FRCS) Cybersecurity On-Site Representative (OSR) position is located within the local Civil Engineer Squadron (CES). The OSR communicates directly with civil engineer and communications squadrons as an interface back to the core team at Tyndall AFB, FL.
Specific tasks include the following:
Responsible for Cyber Security of Civil Engineer (CE) owned FRCS:
• Appointed in writing by the Enterprise Information System Security Manager (ISSM) as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for the CE control system Community of Interest Network Enclave (COINE).
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a complete and accurate inventory FRCS and components.
• Assist CES personnel with security control implementation and assessment of FRCS.
• Register systems in Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) with all necessary artifacts to attain Authority to Operate (ATO).
• Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information.
• Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
• Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
• Ensure the safety of information systems assets and protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
• Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities, coordinate with AFCEC to record and report incidents.
Liaison for AFCEC/COOI:
- Coordinate within local CES organization for CE FRCS owners
- Coordinate with AFCEC/COOI Team at Tyndall AFB for support of CE FRCS cybersecurity accreditation and protection.
- Coordinate locally with base Communications Squadron for support of CE COINE infrastructure and CE FRCS operating on the enclave
- Support visits from AFCEC/COOI teams visiting local site.
Local Information Technology (IT) support for AFCEC/COOI Team:
- Hands-on operational support for local AFCEC owned network and server equipment
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Secret Clearance, DoD, Customer Service, eMASS, Risk Management Framework, Windows Server, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Windows Operating Systems, Security+, information assurance
Top Skills Details:
1. Great Communication / Self Starter
2. IA Experience
3. Strong Infrastructure knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Active DOD Clearance
- Active IAT II Certification or higher
Clearance: Must have their Interim Secret Clearance before walking on site.
A large part of the on-site rep’s job is IA knowledge and experience so they can educate the local squadron, as well as, take care of getting the systems accredited and using eMASS for the accreditation process.
Critical skills are to be self-motivated, able to communicate, and able to work unsupervised. This is a critical position requiring the individual to reach out to a multitude of different people and maintain working relationships with them.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
These candidates need to be a self-starter. They will be the only on-site representative for the program and will be interfacing with customer directly. Must have great communication skills.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Alexander Githens