DNA Laboratory Technician
Posting ID: 7332113
Aerotek is currently seeking laboratory technicians for positions in Vancouver, WA.
The DNA Laboratory Technologist is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing samples using laboratory equipment and quickly reporting any problems to management.
Duties Could include:
- Collects, prepares and evaluates patient specimens for analysis and perform technical procedures with accuracy and precision, meeting the standards of all accrediting/regulatory agencies in a timely manner
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment and perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures
- Recognizes unusual patient results and identifies problems in analytical procedures/systems; responds with appropriate investigation and/or corrective action
- Troubleshoots assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
- Observes established safety guidelines and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory
- Keep a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution
- * Accurately document and maintain all records for equipment and instruments
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Holden McHaney