Posting ID: JP-001975588
Aerotek is currently hiring 10 medical schedulers for a large hospital system in Chicago's western suburbs!
The Patient Access Specialist provides convenient access to services for patients and minimizes financial risk to the organization.
- Schedule and pre-registering patients for their upcoming service
- Promote accuracy and timeliness of data processing and maintains customer services objectives
- Scheduling the patient, updating insurance and demographic information, - -- Verify the authorization initiated by the physician’s office, and financial account processes
- Educate patients regarding policies, procedures, expectations and financial responsibilities.
- Provides exceptional customer service to patients which establish a positive first impression of Northwestern Medicine. Exceeds all consumer requests and alerts management of issues or concerns that require escalation.
- Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information in accordance with organization standards.
- Interacts with various hospital departments and physician’s offices to effectively schedule and direct patients through the NMHC systems in a patient/customer friendly manner.
- Reaches out to patients to schedule an appointment as defined.
- Performs medical necessity checks as necessary for scheduled services, communicates options to patient if appointment fails
- Informs patients of any issues with securing the financial account for their encounter
- Completes out-of-pocket estimations as requested by patients
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of administrative healthcare experience (medical scheduling, patient registration, insurance verification, etc.)
- Typing - 40 WPM.
- Basic MS Office Skills
- Experience working with healthcare insurance
- Epic preferred or any similar EMR software
- High School Diploma
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Wuich, Kelly