Material Planner: $25-$32/hour
Posting ID: 7375731
Position: Material Planner
Location: Detroit, MI
Material Planners communicate and engage effectively with team members and escalate issues appropriately. They are expected to achieve plant inventory targets.
* Manages Material Coordinators in support of required Supplier shipments to support Customer production schedules.
* Tracks and resolves material shortages and overage issues. Manages all expediting issues; investigates and assists to develop process changes required to eliminate root cause.
* Manages material plans to ensure orderly launches in support of MRP requirements to support build plans for new program, critical end-of-life items, and special projects/programs.
* Manages inventory to optimize consumption and minimize excess/obsolescence for new products and end-of-life. Identifies, assesses and communicates program issues / exceptions, and proposes resolutions, as required.
* Analyzes engineering changes and takes appropriate action to address material impact in support of the program. Provides feedback to teams on potential critical path material.
* Assists in maintaining accurate Directed Buy pricing to support MRP requirements. Provides input to Financial, as needed, with daily Customer invoicing/reconciliation process.
* Participate in team meetings, providing input to documentation of build plans and actions. Works to ensure program requirements and upgrades are supported.
* Provides input to & helps maintain processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in support of program requirements.
* Inventory cycle count
* May perform other duties as assigned.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Alizabeth Gough
Phone: (248) 729-5033