Posting ID: JP-002023171
looking to add a Contract Quality Engineer to their team. This position reports directly to the Technical Manager and is responsible for actively driving the initiatives of the Quality Department. This role will work closely with Operations, Engineering, and other plant functionalities to implement standards, support documentation management system, and participate in efforts to resolve customer complaints and achieve permanent corrective action. This person must demonstrate broad ability to lead cooperative groups that are often cross-functional. Must be able to communicate effectively to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Lead capability studies to establish product/process tolerances and standards
- Lead problem solving root cause analysis for development of customer complaint and internal plant reject permanent corrective actions
- Lead use of Quality tools for plant performance improvement (PFMEA, Control Plans, Work Instructions, and Visual Standards)
- Supervision of the Plant Quality Inspectors
- Maintain records in accordance with the QMS
- Responsible for reporting and maintaining all Quality metrics (FPY, Reject, Repair, Customer Complaints, etc.)
- Support initial response and problem solving for customer complaints
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Participate in the maintenance and communication of a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
- Work with Supply Chain staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Maintain the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with Operations staff.
- Participate in Kaizen events and Lean initiatives asscoicated with Plant goals
- Drive use of the Crane Business System (CBS) for Quality improvement
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve using CBS tools
- Support ongoing development of Quality systems to drive Quality improvement
Quality Engineer, PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, QE, Bachelor's Degree, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, BSME, BSMET, Intern
Top Skills Details:
The chosen Quality Engineer needs to have a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and with at least one year of experience within quality or engineering. Additionally, this person must have at least school knowledge of core quality tools.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or equivalent technical field)
- 1-3 years of experience in an Engineering or Quality function
- Knowledge of core quality tools/functions (PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plans, etc.)
- Strong mathematical/statistical skills
WOULD BE NICE:
- IATF 16949 experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Speer, Nolan