Posting ID: 7302144
The Controls Engineer is part of the AT6 group which is their paint and dispense application group. They are "spray" type systems. The Controls Engineers are responsible for the design of the panels (480 volt power supply and 12 volts) and some other hardware. About 30% of the job is HW. They are then responsible for developing the SW PLC code and HMI. About 70% of the job is SW. They will follow the mod build to the shop floor at ESYS to see if it works. After that the Controls Engineer helps tear down the system and then follow to install at the customer. Installs typically last 2-3 weeks at a time as ESYS doesn't like keeping their Controls Engineers on the road longer than that. Project durations typically last 26-32 weeks from start to install. typically goes and does their installs during Summer (July) or Winter (December) shutdown.
* Develops and designs the controls software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI)
* Develops operation manuals that detail the functionality and set-up of the equipment being designed
* Examines and understands customer-supplied specifications in order to ensure the functionality of the equipment meets these specifications
* Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the customer requirements as outlined in the approved specification
* Programs controls equipment per the customer specifications
* Performs preventative maintenance as requested by the customer to ensure minimum down-time and optimum operation of machines and equipment
* Assists with checking design and details for proper functionality of both his/her work and the work of other engineers
* Provides timely, required service documentation relating to all functions performed
* Provides technical support and training to the end-user at the customer facility
* Ensures that products and services continue to be the benchmark within the industry
Travel: 25%-35% of the time to customer locations. Current customers for this group are Ford (Kentucky) & GM (Detroit area, Ft Wayne, Arlington) and could be to Canada & Mexico at times. Other customers could be Toyota, Mercedes, BMW.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Christopher Scott
Phone: (734) 585-7899