Posting ID: 7376261
The Phlebotomist will perform, under supervision, routine and specialized blood drawing from patient to obtain specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The Phlebotomist must accurately and efficiently obtain venous or capillary blood specimens from patients for use in laboratory testing following Laboratory policies and procedures, transport the specimen to the laboratory, perform pre-analytic processing procedures and complete all associated documentation both written and computerized.
- Perform venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and fingersticks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens and using vein preservation techniques.
- Perform and report bleeding times according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure adequate stocking of supplies and report needs to phlebotomy leaders.
- Transports specimen from site of collection to site of testing.
- Participates in laboratory programs for QA, competency, mandatory training and continuing education.
- Experience drawing blood on patients from adults to geriatrics
- Experience performing data entry with sensitive patient information
- 1+ year of phlebotomy experience
- Work well in team environment and follow directions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skill required of personnel so classified.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Megan Kiley
Phone: (781) 356-6935