Posting ID: JP-001975176
They currently rely on their suppliers to design AND build some of their tools. Their suppliers are currently outsourcing the design work to 3rd parties, so they are paying a premium price for these design services. They want to bring this design in house and then rely on their tooling suppliers to just build the tools. There is enough work for at least a year, and most likely will go long term, and good likely even direct.
This person will be responsible for designing tools (tools that go in an assembly plant like I/P carriers, lift assist tools, sub tables, conveyors, and other assembly tools) for final assembly. Over 90% of the time they will in front of the computer doing this in UGNX. This will be done all on GM programs and this person will need to adhere to the GM MD1 standards they have set forth.
As a Trim Tooling Designer, you will be responsible for the design of all Esys equipment, and provides oversight to other Project Engineers, as well as suppliers, who may be involved in the design and/or engineering process.
- Develops mechanical design of tooling and equipment to support the project objectives
- Works closely with Manufacturing, Controls Engineering and Project Management to follow a project from its inception to the final customer acceptance and sign-off, provides follow up and support after this point
- Coordination of all internal and external mechanical design activities
- Reviews and releases final engineering drawings to the manufacturing department
- Develop & maintain good relationships with customers & suppliers
- Leads, organizes and participates in design review meetings for internal, as well as outsourced, designs
- Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the approved customer specification; interprets engineering drawings and specifications to develop and provide equipment installation instructions which are compliant with site installation requirements
- Gather required project information from Customers & Suppliers to create specifications
- Develops equipment specifications for the internal mechanical design and/or build by outside vendors; ensures the selected suppliers follow Esys processes and meet project quality and delivery expectations, as well as maintaining the appropriate budget
- Document information, decisions, changes related to mechanical design, etc. from Customers & Suppliers
- Conduct proper line ups when handing projects off to Esys Integration for build
- Complete project related purchase requests for design work and provide to purchasing
- Travel to Supplier and Customer sites when required
- Provides project specific direction to design suppliers
- Perform design and build buy-offs & quality checks
- Reviews all mechanical engineering drawings prior to final release, ensuring compliance for customer buyoff
Travel: Less than 5%, but may have to go to local tooling suppliers or customers from time to time.
general motors, tool design, Ug nx, Automotive equipment, manufacturing tooling, Tool Build, general assembly, final assembly, automation design, Cad, Lift assist, IP Carriers, Sub tables, body shop, MD1
Top Skills Details:
5 years of Tooling/Automation Design experience
5 years of experience with designing in UGNX
Previous experience working on GM programs
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience working as a Tooling/Automation Designer, designing tools that go in an assembly plant
• 5+ years of experience designing in UGNX
• Previous experience working on GM programs (know GM MD1 standards would be ideal)
• Previous experience designing tools for final assembly/general assembly, trim assembly, or body shop assembly
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Stevenson, Brian