Posting ID: JP-002018682
We are seeking a detail oriented, results-driven resident construction engineer to inspect and manage a large utility construction project for the New KCI terminal and other site development projects. The successful candidate should demonstrate extensive experience in Utility installation specifically large water and sewer lines. You should be comfortable working with contractors and consultants to make sure that the construction phase of the project adheres to the contract documents. You will also help coordinate with the GC to ensure that the work is completed on time and within budget.
Resident Construction Engineer Responsibilities:
- Managing and performing QA/QC checks to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established standards.
- Help ensure that the construction project is completed on time and within budget.
- Verify structural integrity, compliance with construction documents, codes, and regulations.
- Monitoring and documenting construction progress on a periodic basis.
- Verify and enforce construction standards and code regulations for new construction projects.
- Communicating with general contractor and subcontractors for proper interpretation of the construction documents.
- Verifying the contractor has appropriate safety procedures in place and is following the procedures.
- Maintain logs and reports as required.
- Attending progress meetings as required.
- Presenting construction project progress updates to clients and senior managers as required.
- Identifying solutions to any construction complications as they arise.
Resident Construction Engineer Requirements:
- At least 2 years' experience as a construction inspector or related field of specialization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of utility relocation and installation.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
- Minimum 10 HR OSHA construction safety certification (30 Hr preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Taylor Hildreth