Medical Supply Clerk
Posting ID: JP-001973119
The leading Healthcare organization in Connecticut has a current opening for a Inventory Specialist in our OR department. This full-time position will work days and be responsible for the management of patient care supply areas through customer interaction, and staff engagement.
- Recommend process improvements and enhancements to customers and leadership
- Support the best room layout for the types and quantities of supplies the end using department will need
- Manage the inventory levels and put away of stock and nonstock supplies
- Maintain supply areas, but not limited to: printing labels, assembling new shelves, disassembling old shelves, placement of items in bins and on shelves, assigning locations, and application of all appropriate labeling
- Place supply orders on demand
- Initial stocking and set up of supplies for new supply areas
- Provide communication to all customers regarding changes and updates to product descriptions, number, units of measure, stock additions and deletions
- Respond to customer needs and efficiently prioritize urgent needs as they arise
- Works directly with front line staff, customers, and managers
- Consistent execution of inventory management procedures
- Supervise the inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs related to the Kanban initiative
- Recommend to IT to develop all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory records including all audits, counts, and adjustments
- Support compliance coordinator to investigate recall notices
- Other duties as assigned once training has been provided
- High school graduate
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- healthcare Experience highly preferred but not required.
- 1-2+ years related work experience in inventory, materials management department, or supply chain of a hospital or healthcare institution
Responsible for ordering and managing medical/surgical and clerical supplies used by all operating rooms. This includes the inventory, ordering, receipt, stocking and processing of all materials. Maintains inventory records of supplies on hand, ordered and received. Coordinates the borrowing of supplies/emergency supplies to ensure high customer satisfaction.
Guilford, CT - 3:00pm - 11:30pm | Monday - Friday
Open depending on years of experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Patrick Witham