AVTO - AV Test Operator
Posting ID: 7373011
AV Test Operator
About the role:
Would you like to work with ground-breaking technology? Are you as comfortable behind the wheel as you are with a computer? As an AV Test Operator, you will help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars. You will tackle hard problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications. You should have strong attention to detail, basic technical skills, and an excellent driving record. Integrity, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team environment are required at all times. You will be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Work in teams, alternating (i) driving (some manual driving but primarily monitoring the vehicle's behavior in autonomous mode and taking over when necessary) and (ii) software monitoring and logging responsibilities and providing verbal feedback/directions about the AVs environment.
* Complete timely and detailed ride reports for our operations and engineering teams
* Participate in the ongoing training of new AV Test Operators
* Test other aspects of our robot cars
* Perform ad hoc projects as needed
* Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application and currently hold an active California Basic Class C driver's license or license encompassing Class C vehicles.
* No more than one point on driving record and excellent driving skills
* Must be willing to submit to a background check
* Ability to drive and/or spend time sitting in a car for 6-8 hours/day
* Ability to give and receive clear, prompt, understandable verbal and written communication
* Ability to accurately type and read on a laptop in a moving vehicle
* Ability to safely operate the vehicle in accordance with Cruise safety protocols and applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, having a sufficient range of motion to turn a steering wheel, safely operating the accelerator and brake, checking blind spots and evaluating the environment, and maintaining appropriate air bag clearance.
* Ability to tolerate physical jolts and high speed starts, stops, turns, and maneuvers associated with driving or taking control of the autonomous vehicle in both training and daily job functions
* Ability to perform physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks
* Ability to work effectively and professionally in a stressful environment, including interactions with the public
* Ability to remain alert and extremely focused for two-hour uninterrupted blocks of time
* Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs
* Ability to satisfy the legal requirements to become an AV Test Operator (13 CCR 227.34)
* 40 hours per week, five consecutive days, 8-hour shifts
* Multiple shift times available
* You may be required to work nights and/or weekends
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Henry Cheung
Phone: (650) 238-2245