Posting ID: JP-002021709
- Assist in the build, test and trouble-shoot of power electronic systems and sub-systems (power converters, frequency converters, UPS units) for military, industrial, and commercial markets. Power levels will be three phase AC or DC up to hundreds of kilowatts.
- Assist in both design evaluations and qualification testing of power electronic systems.
- Assist in test and evaluation of design efforts pertaining to power magnetics.
- Troubleshoot existing designs to assist in the creation of design improvements for efficiency and surge capabilities.
- Perform analyses of test data and format data for engineering assessment
Major functions: Essential Functions:
- Verify designs through empirical testing utilizing the latest laboratory tools and equipment.
- Thoroughly and clearly document and explain test plans and results to peer reviewers and engineering team members.
- Participate in test-to-specification and reliability qualification tests.
- Participate in test readiness and data evaluation reviews
Top Skills Details:
- Experience with AC/DC converters( power electronics)
- Experience with Medium voltage systems
- Experience with any Military device or product
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in set up, trouble-shoot and test of DC and 3-phase AC Power Electronics Equipment (10kW-approximately 300kW).
- Working knowledge of the latest power electronics methodologies and devices.
- Knowledge of power electronic system/sub system architectures and basic functionality.
- Working knowledge of DC and 3-phase power systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- The ability to work independently to assemble and test engineering models and prototypes using the latest tools and instrumentation.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Daniels, Dallas