Posting ID: JP-001977553
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work in the Process Chemistry group within the Technical Operations Department. The candidate will be expected to work in a highly collaborative, cross functional team environment. The primary role of the lab technician is to work with research associates and scientists to provide lab support.
Key responsibilities will involve maintaining laboratory equipment and analytical instruments (including coordination and communication with vendors), maintaining laboratory organization and supply of commonly used consumables, in addition to various other laboratory management tasks. The Lab Technician will interact with other groups including Purchasing, Shipping/Receiving and Facilities.
Chemistry, Laboratory, QC
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Requirements (Technical skills, key characteristics, education, etc.):
• Highly motivated and client-focused work ethic
• Detail-oriented, organized worker
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to perform job functions independently
• Comfortable with equipment cleaning and repair
• Strong interest in science / biotechnology is a plus
• Familiarity with using tools
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Additional Skills (competencies and desirable capabilities):
• Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Previous laboratory experience and exposure to QC, analytical chemistry and/or organic chemistry lab is a plus
• Buffer, Solutions, or Media preparation experience
• Lift over 30 lbs.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of college or technical school desired
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Barton Minium
Phone: (425) 893-6050