Posting ID: JP-002023971
Perform visual inspection of pipe, pipe coatings and hangers.
• Recognize Abnormal Operating Conditions (AOC).
• Install, replace, repair and maintain natural gas lines underneath bridges.
• Apply wraps/coatings to above/below ground natural gas pipelines.
• Recognize, communicate, and always follow safe work practices.
• Adhere to federal regulations and industry standards/guidelines.
• Lift items over 50 lbs. with or without the use of mechanical aids.
• Perform duties in the outdoors exposed to weather and standing for long periods of time.
• Work from varying heights and over and in water.
• Safely use precision or semi-precision tools.
• Extensive physical exertion, such as bending and twisting, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing or carrying equipment or materials as needed.
• Interpret blueprints and accurately measure.
• Drive company vehicles to transport materials and/or equipment.
blueprint interpretation, precision measuring tools, inspection
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High School and/or completion of Vocational School a plus.
• 2+ years related experience or equivalent role (Utility or Outside Plant experience a plus).
• OSHA 10 certification a plus..
• Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Complete and maintain natural gas Operator Qualifications (OQ).
• Ability to interpret blueprints and accurately measure.
• Ability to safely use precision or semi precision power tools and change blades.
• Meet fitness standards for DOT physical / medical card.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Kavin Williams Ii