Embedded Software Engineer
Posting ID: 7373835
Our client is a large government and defense company that supports all branches of the military. This position will be an office environment sitting behind a desk writing new code and updating legacy code for new applications.
*Ability to obtain a U.S. secret clearance is a must*
Our client is looking for someone who will be able to:
- Solve problems which are varied, may be related to multiple issues, and may not be clear. If no precedent exists, complex problems may require research and analysis of alternatives involving many factors.
- May independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Contributes to and/or ensures the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Reports status including schedule progress and problems/issues.
- Designs, codes, and maintains applications in various software languages under little supervision.
- Embedded programming (C/C++) for Microcontrollers or FPGAs.
- Graphical User Interface programming (C++ with WPF).
- Writing interface control documents, specifications and test procedures for your designs is expected.
- Working closely with hardware in a lab setting, and debugging using lab equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope).
Top Skills Details
- Back End
- Full Stack
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 2-5 years experience.
- Intermediate understanding of Programming Languages (C#, C++, Java, etc.), Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, General Developer Tools, Database (SQL), Data Formats (XML), Coding Standards, UML, Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Experience with .NET 4.0+ and C#.
- Proficient with Visual Studio 2010 and later.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design.
- Familiar with Windows Presentation Foundation.
- VHDL knowledge is a plus
- Radio Frequency (RF) knowledge is a plus
- Signal Processing skills are a plus
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Perry, Gerard