Distribution Designer II
Posting ID: 7030065
EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
This position will provide distribution design for overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems from 4kV through 69kV. Will assist in design activities, including quality reviews of the design, monitor and maintain project schedules, report changes that affect the schedule and budget, identify risks that may affect schedule and costs, and presenting opportunities to improve the design and construction of distribution projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare distribution design sketches, drawings, calculations, bills of material and any other required documents for construction. This could include plan and profiles, structure loadings, design details, trench and conduit drawings, and equipment specifications.
* Apply client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices, procedures and industry standards in preparing the design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
* Communicate with client and engineers on project requirements.
* Acquire field data as necessary working with field surveying crews and assigned project personnel.
* Promote and perform quality reviews of design to ensure design quality and compliance with client design standards, safety requirements, and industry practices.
* Build and maintain client relationships and support business development with proposal, schedules, and estimates for future work.
* Mentor / Lead junior designers and drafters on various projects.
* Ensure QAQC process is being followed and validate all project related deliverables have been through the review process and are approved for submission to the client.
Requisite Abilities and Skills
* Demonstrated ability to develop plan view utility design sketches for overhead or underground electric utilities.
* Demonstrated familiarity and knowledge of one-line drawings.
* Basic understanding of design practices and engineering systems.
* Strong written and verbal communication.
* Demonstrate ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary.
* Demonstrate willingness and capabilities to assume leadership role.
* Demonstrate ability to mentor and teach junior level employees.
Additional Skills & QualificationsEducation and Experience Requirements
* 3 to 7 years of experience in the design of electric utility distribution systems in consulting or utility environment using MicroStation or AutoCAD.
* Seven plus years of experience of a distribution design software such as DPSS, Maximo, Ocalc or PLS-CADD/PLS-Pole or similar.
* Associate degree in applied science (AAS) in drafting and computer aided (CAD) design or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology or equivalent experience and/or education.
* Bachelor's Degree in civil, Electrical, Mechanical engineering technology or equivalent experience and/or education is a plus.
Top Skills DetailsUnderground/Overhead Distribution, AutoCAD, Utility Design
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Kwame Gardour
Phone: (623) 259-9281