Mechanical Design Engineer
Posting ID: 7030351
Exciting opportunity with a leading aerospace company in the Santa Barbara area. They are seeking individuals that enjoy to work in a fast pace environment.
Must Have Skills:
- Product Design
- Create 3D solid models using Solidworks CAD software in support of new and existing space flight programs.
- Apply engineering principles to ensure that designed components and systems meet all requirements such as structural integrity, structural properties, interface boundaries and mass.
- Create, maintain and release component, assembly and layout drawings compliant with ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards. Utilize SolidWorks PDM system to maintain configuration control.
- Proactively interface with multi-disciplinary team members to optimize component and system designs that meet all technical, cost and schedule requirements.
- Utilize hardware-based techniques to perform research and development, iterate on design concepts, correlate engineering models, and develop manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Generate technical documentation, reporting and presentations of design, test and analysis results.
- 4+ years' experience in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in design of aerospace or mechanical/mechanism subsystems.
- Self-motivated in applying engineering principles, concepts and practices of mechanical / aerospace engineering to independently perform assignments.
- Experience working with design, manufacture and verification of electromechanical systems and composite structures.
- Proficient with SolidWorks; experience using SolidWorks PDM.
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 along with tolerance analysis capabilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Analysis - Nastran or ANSYS
- Thermal Analysis - Thermal Desktop
- Composites experience
- Solar cells or photovoltaic experience
- BS/MS/PhD in mechanical engineering and/or aerospace engineering.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Brenda Rodriguez
Phone: (805) 604-6303