Posting ID: 7030688
The Controls Engineer is responsible for sustaining the safe, efficient and stable operation of plant machinery and equipment. The Engineer researches, develops, and implements new processes, procedures, and equipment as needed.
- Support the troubleshooting, adjustment, maintenance, and repair of electrical, electronic, and electromechanical automatic and semi-automatic machinery, equipment, and systems, including PLC machine controls, servo motor drive systems, robotics, computerized vision systems, AC and DC drives, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other electromechanical equipment.
- Plan, test, and coordinate the implementation of preventative actions in the production lines in order to establish and verify capable and stable production processes in terms of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Research, design, procure, implement, test, and monitor new electrical and/or electronic systems, technologies, and equipment.
- Direct installation, integration, and operational testing of electrical and/or electronic equipment
- Obtain and maintain operational efficiencies of machinery and equipment. Set and enforce standard performance specifications on current and new equipment, machinery modifications, and/or procedural changes; monitor performance variances.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Working with Maintenance Supervisors, evaluate, implement and perform program changes after obtaining approval.
- Work with IT group to modify and/or update machine/assembly PLC programs and communication programs as they relate to plant network.
- Maintain and update controls documentation, including schematics, and or documents for machining, assembly, maintenance, PM's.
- Lead, coordinate, and facilitate trouble shooting electrical issues, problem resolution issues as they relate to equipment downtime, throughput improvement, or any safety concerns - interlocks, switches.
- Provide assistance to troubleshoot and make improvement on all electrical equipment using input from production, maintenance supervisors, tradesmen, operators, vendors, and service providers.
- Establish, maintain, update and administer electrical control plans.
- Monitor and improve performance of production processes with respect to cycle time, uptime, FTT
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Comply with all TS16949 policies and procedures.
- Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing workflow, including planning activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to work some weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to be available during off shifts as necessary to assist with issues that may arise.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Engineering, or other relevant discipline or equivalent controls experience.
- 2-5 years experience in electrical / electronic engineering experience.
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Allen Bradley and Siemen's PLC's experience a MUST
- ISO experience preferred.
- Basic English language competency required.
- Must be self-directed and be willing to work any shift.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Katherine Crowder