Build and Release / Dev Ops Engineer
Posting ID: 7007059
The Build & Release Engineer's primary responsibility is to streamline the software development and deployment processes. The BRE will create and maintain a software build architecture, including the source control system, build system, deployment tools and frameworks. The main objective is to build and operate a highly automated and resilient framework of continuous build and deployment pipelines that seamlessly integrates updates of the software.
Ideal candidate is an out-of-the-box thinker and can implement solutions that blends standardization and automation for a suite of products that will have global application. It is important that candidates have a strong background in a variety of release management technologies and are experienced in building enterprise-class engineering processes.
- Maintains software documentation (stable release versions, identified and resolved bugs, and potential issues that the developers may need to address post-deployment) for both internal/ External use.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems and procedures.
- Provide continuous support to delivery programs by implementing patches, new versions, and bug fixes are deployed to end users without sacrificing stability or reliability.
- Review user-reported bugs, crash logs, and software reviews to identify areas that need improvement and attention.
- Experience working with a team of 5 or more individuals on a successful project
- Demonstrated ability to explain stages of the agile software development process, able to set up work flows and administrate the Atlassian tools.
- Experience implementing DevOps solution in a product development set up, especially in continuous integration and continuous testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT operations - build and deployment enterprise applications.
- Solid command of one or more of the following: Python or Ruby, Perl, or shell scripting.
- Fluent with and in-depth understanding of all things Git, SVN or clear case code branching/merging.
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Bitbucket, fisheye and crucible etc.) or Bugzilla or Azure systems.
- Experience on creating fully automated CI/CD infrastructure and processes for multiple projects during various stages of SDLC.
- Experience creating and maintaining automated builds using tools such as MS Build, Jenkins or Maven
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex build pipelines.
- Ability to debug and optimize and automate CI/CD tasks.
- Ability to apply systematic approach to solve problems with a sense of ownership and focus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate technical details to different audiences.
- Three years (3) plus of demonstrated experience working for a company in a similar role.
- Hands on experience in any IDE (e.g. Eclipse).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems is a plus
- Selenium Testing, API Automation knowledge will be a plus.
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Daniel O'Dell
Phone: (260) 459-8016