Job thumbnail

Staff Geologist

Aerotek

12/05/2019

Posting ID: 7029411

Full Time
Share:Facebook iconTwitter iconLinkedin icon


Job Title

Staff Geologist

Duration:

Direct Hire

Job Requirements:
  • 5+ years of experience in scientific, regulatory, environmental geology, environmental consulting, or contracting
  • Bachelor's degree in Geology, Earth Science, or Geochemistry
  • Drilling experience
  • Report writing experience
  • Be willing to travel 25% (New England)


Job Description:

The staff geologist will be responsible for overseeing a sampling team of 3 people. The team are currently made up of about 6 people; however, the company is trying to create more teams, so they aren't spread so thin. This person will be responsible for:
  • Writing work plans
  • Leading the field teams to do investigations and design
  • Drilling oversight
  • Supporting project managers by scoping, planning and executing complex environmental investigation and remediation programs under CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA and other regulatory programs for federal, state, and private client groups
  • Program and project related tasks for both government and private clients
    • Multimedia sampling
    • Interpretation of data
    • designing integrated active and institutional remediation programs. Excellent personal organizational skills are critical to the success of this position.


Additional Information:

The company is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services-delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs.

Tetra Tech's innovative, sustainable solutions help our clients address their water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development challenges. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in every sector and to use that expertise throughout the project life cycle. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project.

Day 1 expectations:
Since this person will be leading the team, they are expected to have recent and similar experience in this field. Be able to write and understand reports and drilling as well as the ability to lead and manage a small team.

Work Environment

Working in the office in Salem, NH 75% of the time and traveling throughout New England the other 25% of the time.

Drug Test Required

True

Background Check Required

True

Interview Information

One round interview in office with 3 members of the senior team (Hiring manager and 2 other team members).

Usually a 2-hour interview.

Salary Rate:

80k - 92k







About Aerotek:

We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.

Contact Information

Recruiter: Samantha Leveille

Email: sleveille@aerotek.com

Related Courses

Browse All

Blog