Posting ID: JP-002660917
As a Staff Materials Engineer, you will improve the plant materials and material processes and equipment, to keep our manufacturing facility as current and efficient as possible to maintain our competitive position in the market and consistently develop and apply advanced theories, methods, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems with new technologies.
• Optimizes material formulations and components for safety, quality, cost, and delivery improvements. Manages formulation and raw material change process including evaluation, approval, and implementation process.
• Maintain and improve as needed material formulations, operating procedures, etc. to help meet and exceed safety, quality, cost, production, and other department objectives.
• Maintain goals for the SMC manufacturing department and works with the manufacturing and engineering teams to develop and implement the specific improvement plans to help meet objectives, primarily pertaining to scrap and material performance.
• Provides technical support to production teams related to troubleshooting of process or product issues, especially as it pertains to materials and formulation.
• Provide material engineering support and project management relative to new product and process implementation.
• Initiate, develop and implement continuous improvement projects in support of plant manufacturing initiatives, objectives, and improvements needed.
• Conduct feasibility studies to assure that implementation of proposed improvements would meet objectives with respect to safety, quality, market demands, competitive costs, and general financial criteria.
• Participate and manage as needed cost reduction initiatives through Kaizen events, six sigma project support, engineering project leadership and support.
• Continually lead and teach best practices for material handling, etc.
• Additional deliverables as assigned.
• Trained on all applicable SOPs, LOPs, policies, and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an ABET accredited engineering program. Chemical, Materials, or Materials Science Engineering degree preferred.
• 5+ years of relative work experience.
• Past results include successful technical leadership on a major project.
• Experience includes mentoring and/or supervising other engineers.
• Experience with SMC, compression molding a plus.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Sarah Doan