Sr. Systems Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002129868
TEKsystems is partnering with an industry leader for an exciting opportunity to look for a Sr. Systems Engineer. This person will be responsible for installing, configuring, performing monitoring, day to day administration, troubleshooting and supporting servers and application stacks necessary to meet business demands.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting servers running various Microsoft Server operating systems.
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange 2013 or newer including the management of Exchange in a hybrid deployment.
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server.
• Management and troubleshooting of VMware’s vSphere platform.
• Management and troubleshooting of SAN based storage arrays.
• Managing backups using Veeam’s enterprise backup solutions.
• Assisting Level 2 help desk staff with priority issues and help desk tickets as necessary.
• Assist with developing and/or revising written operating procedures.
• Maintain proper records of hardware, software and network configurations using Microsoft Visio and other documentation packages.
• Provide daily and weekly updates regarding outstanding issues and work progress.
• Adaptability/Flexibility - Demonstrates the ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude when encountering changes in the workplace. (i.e.: Seeks to understand changes; maintains positive attitude when dealing with change; makes appropriate behavioral adjustments when needed.)
• Initiates Action - Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. (i.e.: Responds quickly; takes independent action; goes above and beyond)
• Associates Degree in an IT related curriculum or a minimum of eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• It is preferred that the IT Systems Administrator be certified in one or more of the following:
o Current MCSA / MCSE / MCITP Certificates or MS’s newer role-based certificates
o VMware VCP
o Red Hat RHCSA
• Extensive knowledge and experience with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting servers running Microsoft Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019 server operating systems.
• Substantial knowledge of Microsoft’s Active Directory technology including managing child domain and merging existing domains into Pilot’s environment.
• Proficiency using PowerShell to automate Windows server configuration changes along with automated user management.
• Familiarity with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting servers running either Red Hat RHEL or CentOS v6, v7, & v8 server operating systems.
• Familiarity with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of VMWare virtual environments.
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
• Must be highly disciplines, self-starter, and leader with the ability to execute on assignments independently, and effectively communicate expectations for all programs/projects being managed.
• Must have good organization, presentation and exceptional time management skills.
• Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact with individuals from all levels of the organization.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072