Posting ID: JP-002661403
Mechanical Engineer NEEDED!!!!!
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products. Generally work from preliminary studies developed by higher graded engineers. Analyze requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems. Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the product. Release results as design data after review by higher graded engineer. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts. Evaluate completed design with supervisor and other technical groups and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs requires to evaluate design work.
1.Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Use advanced structural and product design engineering software tools. Solid knowledge of GD&T principles and application to designs.
2. With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
3. Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
4. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes.
5. Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects.
6. Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
7.Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results.
8. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
9. Interact with high level customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
10. Perform research for related engineering projects.
11. Represent the organization as a contact on projects.
Requires BS in Engineering & 3 years or Masters in Engineering & 1 years
U.S. Citizenship and Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
ideally 5-10 years of experience
NX experience, Teamcenter would be great but not required.
ANSYS to do FEA
Aerospace experience, commercial aerospace is acceptable due to design requirements.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072