Field Service Engineer - Phoenix, AZ
Posting ID: JP-002180910
Job Description Summary:
This division is committed to making Safer Skies by providing hands-on servicing of their Security & Detection Systems equipment at secure facilities and airport. The Field Service Technician will be required to provide advanced technological, repair and troubleshooting support with total customer satisfaction in mind. This individual must demonstrates strong electronic repair troubleshooting skills and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service on a daily basis within established response time goals.
• Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction at assigned sites / locations.
• Foster positive customer relations and a high degree of customer satisfaction by communicating effectively with customers.
• Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
• Completes all scheduled maintenance within required deadlines.
• Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
• Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
• Maintains an accurate inventory of parts and tools.
• Reviews all logs and maintenance tracking systems for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
• Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
• Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
• Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
• Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
• Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
• Other duties as required.
repair, preventative/corrective maintenance, Field Service, Technician, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, PLC, Troubleshooting
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0-2 years of prior related experience.
Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
• 4+ years’ experience in field service environment with working knowledge of x-ray and/or CT technologies is preferred.
• Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF AND ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Knowledge of hand tools and parts ie Breaker bars, wrenches, screws, and how to use them
- Electronic theory / Ohms Law
- Meter leads - how to arrange?
- Components in a power supply
- Circuits - reading and troubleshooting
- Pressure - what generates, what controls, and how to read in a hydraulic/ pneumatic system
- PSI / PSIG
Recruiter: Jerry Ayers
Phone: (760) 916-1757