Specimen Accessioner - Quick Response/ Entry Level
Posting ID: JP-002309079
NOW HIRING SPECIMEN ACCESSIONERS!!! Seeking entry level individuals that enjoy a work environment that is repetitive and are proficient at data entry.
Description: Specimen Accessioner
1. Sorting of urine/blood/stool/nasal swab tubes – requires standing for long periods of time and ability to do repetitive work for the greater part of an 8 hour shift.
2. Distributing samples to testing locations – requires walking in a large area in an 8 hour shift.
3. Imaging requisitions – requires standing and sorting of documents for up to 4 hours in an 8 hour shift.
4. Data entry of medical documents – requires high levels of accuracy and speed, sitting and keying for the greater part of an 8 hour shift. Normally, they need to be successful for several weeks doing the other duties before being trained on the data entry.
5. Expediting samples with a cart to various departments
6. Opening vials under a biosafety cabinet and hood for alloquoting.
This is an entry level position and the candidate needs to be able to wear a face shield, gloves, lab coat and be comfortable handling blood, urine, stool, nasal swab (for COVID) samples.
- Specimen processing
- Sample log in
- LIMS system
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- HS diploma or GED.
- Lab experience and data entry is preferred, but not required.
- Successful individuals have data entry skills (10 key by touch for accurate typing)
- Ability to do repetitive work and be happy doing it
- Ability to type with accuracy
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred
• Comfortability with handling biological specimens
• Ability to accurately identify specimens
• Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
• High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
• Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
• Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072