Senior Software Engineer - Aerospace - Remote Position
Posting ID: JP-002662553
Actalent's client has an immediate REMOTE position available for a Experienced Software Engineer.
The Engineer will develop airborne flight software, working in C and Linux, in an Agile environment.
The Software Engineer must exhibit a strong sense of ownership regarding the technical solutions arrived at when implementing complex software designs. The work involves the full complement of software life cycle development activities required to deploy high quality software that meets the requirements of our aerospace customers.
- Participate in software development activities including requirement specification, design definition, and code implementation
- Generate software lifecycle documentation to support certification of products
- Integrate and debug Linux based software executing on avionics hardware platforms
- Perform and/or provide guidance for verification activities including test definition, test development and testing methods
- Establish test frameworks to implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Enhance Linux based systems by studying the latest open source software, adding features to existing kernels/middleware, and reducing open source code sets for use in certified products
- Utilize avionics standards such as ARINC and RTCA in the development of Linux kernel, middleware, and user space application software
- 3+ years recent experience in C programming
- Recent experience working in Agile environment
- Experience with Python preferred
- Experience with DO-160 standards preferred; if no DO-160 experience, candidate must have worked with a regulated product of some kind
- Experience in Linux required
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072