Remote Automation Engineer (Python Or Ansible)
Posting ID: JP-002667092
The Centralized Logging Systems and Services (CLSS) team is part of the Enterprise Technology Infrastructure group that is responsible for all aspects of the enterprise technology infrastructure, and various applications. CLSS is responsible for the machine generated-log consumption, and making the aggregated data available to the appropriate parties.
Work with a high degree of independence to perform administration activities to ingest new feeds into Splunk, or make modifications to existing feeds. Participate in the continuous maturity of feed intake automation and strengthening of the production release process. This role is focused specifically on the intake and ingestion of data into Splunk -- this is NOT a position for development of dashboards or reporting.
Additionally, this is Splunk implemented in a very large enterprise. It is critical to success to have experience in an environment with structured change controls, extensive clustering, and ingestion from thousands of devices totaling terabytes of daily ingestion.
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. You have experience working as a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer in a scaled cloud environment, and have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. You enjoy writing code and creating automation to manage your services.
• 8+ years of recent systems engineering, software engineering, site reliability, or dev-ops experience in a medium to large scale production Linux or other UNIX environment
• 5+ years' experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket/GitLab, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Ansible, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is desired.
• 5+ years' experience in developing innovative process automation and customer self-service
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• 8+ years' experience with Linux operating systems internals (e.g., file systems, system calls),
• 3+ years' experience with cloud system fundamentals (Kubernetes, Containers, Virtualization, Automation) and observability techniques for these platforms
• Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting system
• Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience designing and developing software oriented towards IT Operations process and customer self-service automation
• Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate complex/routine tasks.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
• Self-starter with the ability to understand complex problems quickly
• Experience with engineering logging and metrics solutions within a large enterprise
• Experience with data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design
• Experience interacting with Senior technology leaders
SRE, Splunk, Elastic Log search, Linux, Universal forwarder, syslog, Sql, .net core, Azure, Python, Terraform, Ansible
Top Skills Details:
SRE,Splunk,Elastic Log search,Linux,Universal forwarder,syslog,Sql,.net core,Azure,Python,Terraform,Ansible
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Documentation, mapping processes and workflows using Visio • Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) • SharePoint • Splunk • Application development using SDLC model • Experience in a large enterprise environment
o Engineering service delivery
o SDLC – preproduction through release to steady state production operations o QA process development o Metrics reporting & governance processes o Change Management Desired Skills & Experience: • Prior/Current work in infrastructure engineering, operations, support or administration • Prior/Current Project Management experience • Experience in gathering customer requirements, analyzing them, and delivering an appropriate implementation through Splunk, or Splunk applications • Application Development Lifecycle experience – SDLC lifecycle management experience, including source control and release management best practices • Strong change management experience • Experience in Linux and Windows command-line and use for administration • Experience in a large corporation/enterprise environment with 10’s of 1000’s of agents and multi-TB/day of logging and PB of storage • Good understanding of IT infrastructure components: routing, TCP/UDP • Good understanding of management process frameworks, such as ITIL • Bachelor year degree within Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant studies
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072